We highlight the reality of women’s lives in Donegal and promote social justice, equality and women’s human rights.
Donegal Women’s Network is part of the umbrella organisation, the National Collective of Community-Based Women’s Networks (NCCWN) there are 17 networks across Ireland all working to support women in their community.
Work done by the NCCWN-Donegal Women’s Network includes providing;
- Telephone advise
- Up yo date, relevant information on women’s issues
- Support the set up of new groups
- Networking Events
- International Women’s Day and Rural Women’s Day Celebrations
- Women’s Voices- A weekly feature in the Thursday edition of the Donegal Democrat. These features highligh women’s acheimements and raises awareness of many issues affecting women in Donegal
- Links Local issues to national
If you are interested in our work or would like to find out more please take a look at our facebook page and we can also be contacted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org