Donegal Women’s Network is part of the umbrella organisation, the National Collective of Community-Based Women’s Networks (NCCWN).
NCCWN Donegal is 1 of 17 NCCWN projects in Ireland. We support women who experience disadvantage & marginalisation as a result of barriers & lack of opportunities. NCCWN is a feminist organisation that sees women as equal to men & work to promote the realisation of that.
To highlight the reality of women’s lives in Donegal and promote social justice, equality and women’s human rights.
- Provide direct support to women’s groups in promoting their services/activities and establishing new women’s groups in local communities where need identified
- Bring a ‘gender lens’ to mainstream community and local development initiatives
- Addressing gender-based violence
- Promoting women’s community leadership and empowerment
- Women’s Health and Well-being
- Awareness raising on gender equality and women’s human rights
- Improving access to local services
- Providing networking opportunities to women at a local, regional and national level